WHO WE ARE
Tobacco Free Communities – Delaware, Otsego and Schoharie Counties (TFC-DOS)
Mission: To reduce the devastating health impacts of tobacco use and alleviate the social and economic burden that tobacco use causes in Delaware, Otsego and Schoharie Counties.
Goal: To educate and mobilize community residents to be support policies that promote a tobacco-free norm in our tri-county region. To reach our goal, we work on the following strategies:
- Reduce the affordability, accessibility and appeal of tobacco and e-cigarettes to youth in the retail environment
- Increase the adoption of tobacco-free outdoor policies for municipal parks, recreation areas and all municipal own properties in an effort to reduce the exposure to secondhand smoke and eliminate tobacco and vaping litter
- Decrease exposure to secondhand smoke and reinforce a tobacco free norm at worksites throughout the tri-county region.
- Decrease secondhand smoke exposure in multi-unit housing with the emphasis on establishing policies that protect the health of all residents
- Promote policies that reduce tobacco imagery in youth-rated movies, on the internet and social media
- Tobacco Free Communities – Delaware, Otsego and Schoharie Counties (TFC-DOS) is one of 21 contractors funded through the NYS Department of Health’s Bureau of Tobacco Control. Funds are provided to St. Peter’s Health Partners to carry out the goals and objectives of TFC-DOS.